Sunday, August 8, 2010

HAZYVIEW AUGUST 7TH 2010


Today we took a drive up to Graskop and Pilgrims Rest.
Had lunch at Harries famous Pancake Den,
Let me tell you, pancakes to die for, the best in the country.

visited some shops of interested amongst others, the silk shop.
Real woven silk garments from silk worms, done right there in front of you.
Percy bought me a silk scarf, as far as my memory serves me, I think it's
my very first ever, true piece, LOL, that is real or made from something meaningful,
eg. like silk...hehehe  LOL, shame hahahaa...
there were other really nice items, but at a price.

I aim to re-visit this shop in December to purchase myself a real Silk Duvet.
hhmmmm lovely, Warm in winter and cool in Summer and apparently doesnt loose its shape
in five years you send it back to them to refluff.

then we took a drive to Pilgrims Rest and a stroll through there.

Sunrise This Morning, coming up over the mountain


The drive to Graskop, through forestry, very pretty


Harrie's Pancakes, uummmm


Percy - Cheers


Up Town Pilgrims Rest, the main street


Percy




The Royal Hotel


The Lounge in the Royal Hotel, Stunning, very Victorian


One of the Houses, once lived in, now a museum


Pilgrims Rest Methodist Church


OFF COURSE, what did you think, I just had to sit in it


A memorial Stone in the Main Street, what was Eerie about this stone
is that it has my son's name on it. Co-incidence off course





An old telephone booth, and yes, I had to go into it..LOL


And off course, it just wouldnt be complete without a ride in
a Donkey drawn cart...LOL....with their flower power hats on
It was sooooo cute, not to mention the driver with he's real
felt hat, was just as looney and funny making the kids roar
with laughter


The drive back to Hazyview


1 comment: